Remuneration and Terms of Service Committee
The Remuneration and Terms of Service Committee’s primary responsibility is to make recommendations to the Board on all aspects of remuneration and terms and conditions of employment for the Chief Executive and other Executive Directors.
The Committee is comprised of the Health and Social Care Board Chair and two Non Executive Directors:
- Mr Leslie Drew, Chair
- Dr Theresa Donaldson, Non Executive Director
- Mrs Stephanie Lowry, Non Executive Director
The Committee meets at least once per annum.
Terms of Reference
The main functions of the Committee are:
- to advise the Board of the HSCB on the appropriate remuneration and terms of service for Executive Directors and Senior Executives to ensure that they are fairly rewarded for their individual contribution to the organisation ensuring that any directions issued by the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety on pay are scrupulously observed. This would involve having proper regard to the organisation’s circumstances and performance.
- to oversee the proper functioning of performance and appraisal systems including Knowledge and Skills Framework;
- to oversee appropriate contractual arrangements for all staff. This would include a proper calculation and scrutiny of termination payments, taking account of such national guidance as is appropriate;
- to agree and monitor a remuneration strategy that reflects national agreements and Departmental policy; and
- to monitor the application of the remuneration strategy to ensure adherence to all equality legislation.