Virtual meetings – house rules
During the meeting
- Your microphone will be controlled by the Meeting Administrator, however muting and unmuting your microphone can easily be done by selecting Mute in the bottom left corner of Zoom. When a red line is showing through the microphone icon it means you are muted.
- If your internet connection is/becomes unstable, select the video icon in the bottom left corner of Zoom toolbar. When a red line is showing through the video icon, this should give you more bandwidth and improve your connection.
- Ensure you are in a private space away from noise, and ensure your microphone is muted when you are not talking.
- If asking a question, please speak towards the microphone and maintain a constant/confident volume.
- Refrain from ruffling papers anywhere near a microphone/laptop/webcam.
- Mobile phones must be muted during the session. Please leave the room to answer a phone call.
Q & A Session
- You are invited to submit questions, based on the agenda, throughout the session. Just click on the chat icon on your Zoom Toolbar and submit your question(s) – all those participating will be able to see your question.
- If you would like to read out your question yourself, please indicate by typing (RO) after your question. If not, it will either be attributed to you or summarised if there are similar questions.
- We will endeavour to answer as many questions as possible and will ensure that any outstanding questions are answered, added to the intranet and a link shared with you following the event.
On the day of the meeting, upon entry to the meeting, prior to the meeting commencing, you will be placed into the Waiting Room, where the Meeting Administrator will explain the format of the meeting.
Further information about public meetings